Pact Institute | Home
Pact Institute, established in 1998, is a 509(a)(3) nonprofit subsidiary of Pact that focuses on programming funded by corporations, foundations, European and other non-US or UK government partners, guided by Pact’s mission of ending poverty and marginalization. Pact Institute, in partnership with the broader Pact organization, incubates new ideas and pursues innovative partnerships to generate diversified funds that create social, economic and environmental benefit for communities we serve around the globe. Pact Institute is governed by its own bylaws and is managed by its own Board of Directors.
Like the wider Pact organization, Pact Institute strives for a world where all people are heard, capable and vibrant, and where everyone owns their future. To that end, we embrace:
Systemic solutions – Pact and Pact Institute are leaders in creating systemic change because this is the best way to achieve thriving, resilient communities.
The power of partnerships – We leverage dynamic partnerships among private, public and civil society entities, both at international and local levels, to produce measurable, positive impact.
Transformative models – The traditional model of development is not sufficient to end global poverty and marginalization, and development NGOs must change how they do business to achieve at-scale change. Pact Institute ensures that Pact is a flexible, adaptable organization that works by any means necessary to achieve our vision.
Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance, energy, development finance, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more.
With our partners, we…
- Target root causes of poverty and marginalization.
- Accelerate systemic solutions by bringing together diverse stakeholders – businesses, governments, investors, NGOs – to generate shared prosperity through market solutions that yield social good.
- Use a range of tools and methodologies such as human-centered design and applied political economy analysis to deliver the most value to communities.
- Leverage Pact’s deep local knowledge, expertise and data to deliver measurable results and promote evidence-based decision-making at all levels.
- Address core business needs of corporations through the discovery and capture of mutually valuable opportunities.
- Serve as an experienced and effective agent of positive social change balanced with responsible business practices.
- Drive business value and social and financial return on investment.
- Provide flexible mechanisms to pair Pact’s assets and knowledge with the power of the private sector, and to accommodate forward-looking, long-term investments.
- Diversify Pact’s partnerships and funding to facilitate greater financial stability across the organization, build wider networks to develop new solutions to social challenges, and ultimately create greater impact.
Pact Institute has a long history of successfully partnering with non-ODA funders. Some of our partners and donors include The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Chevron, The Coca-Cola Foundation, The Global Fund, The International Tin Association, The Rockefeller Foundation and UNICEF.