The memo presents initial findings from a national public opinion poll conducted by MIA Research in August-September 2019 with the representative sample size of 1,507 respondents and margin of error ± 3%. The interviews were face-to-face. The survey was commissioned by Pact under the USAID/BRAMA Activity.
- Belarusians’ understanding of their role vis-à-vis the state or attitudes towards reforms remain virtually the same;
- Awareness of NGOs remains low (61% of Belarusians are not aware of any NGO activity), which renders the issue of trust to NGOs hardly relevant;
- Poor awareness of NGOs continues to affect the level of civic participation (3%);
- Media literacy of Belarusians remains low (only 9% always verify the news);
- Belarusians do not consider gender inequality as an actual problem (39%);
- Belarusians want to live in an independent state (43%).
Polling tabular data 2019 are available in Russian