Private Sector Practice | Home
The private sector is a critical partner in the global effort to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. It provides the vast majority of jobs in developing countries along with vital goods and services, generates tax revenue for social services and infrastructure, serves as an engine of economic growth, and can help address development challenges from financial exclusion to climate change.
Pact has a long history of partnering with the private sector to improve health, develop sustainable supply chains and stimulate economic development to accelerate progress toward ending poverty and marginalization. We are committed to improving the lives of vulnerable communities and welcome all opportunities to tackle the world’s most pressing social challenges.
Through our private sector practice, we work in three main areas:
- Strategic Partnerships: We build relationships with private-sector partners founded on shared value, which focuses on creating economic and social value for sustainable change.
- New Ventures: We test innovative models to deliver impact in new and sustainable ways, scaling what works through innovative financing models.
- Strategic Investments: We invest in promising social enterprises that strengthen Pact’s capabilities to deliver impact at scale.
Our private-sector work in action
- Through a 20-year partnership with Chevron, we've improved health care and economic opportunities and delivered renewable energy to thousands of rural villages in Myanmar.
- With Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Pact built a mobile phone app to digitize our microbanking program.
- With Facebook, we're bringing online business skills training to women entrepreneurs in Cambodia.
“It has been a pleasure to team up with the Pact team. They executed a smooth, fast diligence process with minimal burden on our end. Post-investment, they’ve been very proactive and helpful in creating synergies and collaborating on opportunities. Overall, they’ve been a different breed of impact investor and we’re excited to continue working together.” – Amped Innovation management team