Mining and the Sustainable Development Goals: ASM and LSM perspectives
Webinar recording: Leveraging Artisanal & Small-scale Mining (ASM) and Large-Scale Mining (LSM) to help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Organizers: Responsible Mining Foundation, Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment, Pact, University of Delaware, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network
Moderated by Antonio Pedro, UNECA (Director, Subregional Office, Central Africa)
– Jorden de Haan, Programme Officer Artisanal Gold. Pact
– James McQuilken, Programme Officer Mines to Markets, Pact
– Kirsten Dales, Independent industrial ecologist
– Jennifer Rietbergen-McCracken, Senior Advisor, Responsible Mining Foundation
– Perrine Toledo, Head of Extractive Industries, Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
– Dr. Julie Klinger, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
– Brian Chicksen, Adjunct Professor, University of Cape Town
The webinar builds off of the recent ASM-SDG Policy Assessment by Pact and the University of Deleware, and Mining and the SDGs by the Responsible Mining Foundation and Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.
Help Pact build promise and improve lives around the globe.
Partner with us
Let us know the promise you’d like to make. We’ll help you keep it.
People with promise
Interested in joining Pact’s global team? Browse our current career openings.