News & Announcements
In Cleveland, Pact joins global evaluators in 'speaking truth to power' at evaluation conferenceMolly Derrick · October 29, 2018
This week, Pact staff from around the world will gather in Cleveland, Ohio, for the American Evaluation Association's 2018 meeting. The annual conference brings together the evaluation community from around the world to share learnings and discuss critical topics on the international discipline and practice of evaluation.
This year's conference will engage participants in a critical conversation about the role of evaluators and evaluation in "Speaking Truth to Power," this year's theme.
Staff from Pact offices around the world, including Kenya, Malawi, Eswatini and Washington, D.C. will present their work in more than 10 panel discussions, posters, think tank sessions and roundtables. Presentations featuring Pact staff include:
- Repurposing routine data for evaluation: Elements for success in the developing-country context
- Understanding Rights-based Politics: Using Applied Political Economy Analysis to Guide Human Rights Programming
- Finding Truth and Power in Cross Border Conflict Settings
- Self-Assessment as Empowerment on the Beaches of Malawi
- Evaluating Integration: Are We Asking the Right Questions?
- Participatory Measurement: New Approaches to Assessing Government and Civil Society Capacity and Performance within Complex Governance Systems
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Methods and Systems across a Global Human Rights Consortium
- Measuring System Performance in International Development: Current Approaches and Future Directions
- Elevating Community Voices on Natural Resource Management through Evaluation Methodologies in Malawi
- Methods for developing benchmarks for OVC program graduation: emerging evidence from three programs
- Closing Space Assessments: Keeping Programming Relevant and Effective in Deteriorating Political Environments
Pact's promise is to transform lives, communities and systems in ways that are lasting and measurable. Our Results & Measurement team sets standards for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL), and ensures Pact’s quality of programming against these standards. Learn more about Results and Measurement at Pact.